Get Connected Program
MHAFC’s Get Connected Program offers a unique, free service to Central Ohio residents who are living with a mental illness and their families.
The Get Connected program links callers with an experienced mental health professional who can provide the following services:
- Assistance in resolving issues with current mental health providers
- An empathetic and knowledgeable advocate who works to understand each caller’s specific problem and connects them with mental health providers and community resources that will be most helpful for their situation
- Assistance in navigating the mental health and substance use treatment system in Central Ohio
- Education about patient and client rights within the state and local mental health treatment system
- Direct referral to the Legal Aid Society of Columbus to assist individuals with difficulties related to public benefits, housing, family/domestic conflict, financial issues, and other civil legal problems
The Get Connected Program works closely with professionals in the community to ensure that callers to the program are able to obtain timely access to the specific resources and treatment that is right for them, including: the ADAMH Board of Franklin County, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, NAMI Franklin County and NAMI Ohio, patient rights’ advocates at community mental health centers and hospitals, private mental health providers, and the Legal Aid Society of Columbus.
Anyone can access the Get Connected Program by calling (614) 242-4357 or sending an email to the program at email@example.com. This line is monitored Monday through Friday during business hours, and we strive to return calls within 48 hours of receipt.
If you are a professional wishing to make a direct referral to the Get Connected program, you may fax your referral directly and confidentially to 844-737-0563. Click HERE to print out a Get Connected referral form.